One of my favourite parts of a ketogenic diet is the fat bombs. There is just something about the texture and smooth buttery flavour that I cannot get enough of.
The Chocolate Truffle Cups tick a few extra boxes for me on a personal level. One of my childhood favourite snacks was peanut butter with syrup, no bread was needed. As a rule, I don’t use syrup and try to stick to sweeteners with less processing involved. So mixing Tahini with coconut syrup takes me back to this childhood pleasure.
Adding cacao and setting it all in a crunchy hazelnut cup makes this one of my favourite treats. But I don’t make it often, simply because I cannot resist and tend to eat more than my allotted one a day.
Chocolate Truffle Cups
- Cupcake Tray
- Cupcake Liners
- Measuring Equipment
- 1 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup Dates pitted
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 50 grams Cacao Powder
- 75 ml Coconut Syrup
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line cupcake tray with cupcake liners
- Blend hazelnuts and dates in a food processor for 1 - 2 minutes. (Duration will depend on processor strength). The mixture will be coarse but stick together when rolled into a ball.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal-sized balls and press each ball tightly into cupcake liners. (It should reach about halfway up the sides)
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until they begin to brown. Remove and place on the cooling rack. (Discard cupcake liners just before serving). Prepare filling while cups are baking and cooling.
- Add melted coconut oil, cacao powder and coconut syrup to a medium-well and mix well.
- Once cups have cooled (5-10min), pour or spoon filling into each cup until it just reaches the top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the filling to firm up. (To set it quicker, place in freezer for 10-15 minutes)
- Serve and enjoy!